Parent feedback surveys sent out last month have been reviewed by Katy ISD. Parents provided input on various instructional and safety matters that impact the district as they work towards reopening for fall. Although guidelines from Texas Education Agency have not been finalized, Katy ISD will be providing parents a choice for the 2020-21 school year of in-person instruction or full time virtual instruction.
According to Katy ISD website, the district received feedback from over 31,700 parents and guardians. The results of the survey is as follows:
- 49% of Katy ISD parents/guardians feel comfortable or somewhat comfortable with their child(ren) returning to school for in-person instruction this Fall.
- 43% of Katy ISD parents/guardians prefer their child(ren) to participate in a full-time online learning model.
- 32% of Katy ISD parents/guardians selected important aspects of online learning as “an environment that keeps students engaged but provides flexibility” Followed by “personalized feedback and engagement”.
- 88% of Katy ISD parents/guardians agree or strongly agree that their child(ren) is/are academically prepared for the Fall 2020 semester.
- 94% said they should receive alerts to new cases of COVID-19 at their child(ren)’s school(s).
- 76% of Katy ISD parents/guardians agree or strongly agree that employees should wear face coverings and 64% said students should wear face coverings.
Katy ISD School Board, campus administrators and staff are utilizing data to make sure all schools are prepared for reopening and providing a safe learning environment. Katy ISD will continue to update families as they receive more guidance from TEA. Families requesting virtual leaning will be provided more information in the upcoming weeks.
Have a safe and fun summer!
SOURCE: Katy ISD